Monday 4 April 2016

lady of the mist, dream dancer

You know when you were in your teens, so in love with someone and just can't stop talking about it?

Yesterday right after MAEC session, I had a great lunch session with Daya, Kashib and his girlfriend. Oops, as well as Fatty. We were talking about a lot of things, like really a lot. I mean, everyone knows how much I can talk. I'm hella talkative.


Meet Syahirah, Kashib's girlfriend.

While talking, we actually found out that we were both liked by the same guy. How small can the world be? It's pretty shocking for the both of us. Because the person who liked us... He was pretty known by many. Right after the lunch session, I couldn't help it but to find out how he's doing now. And that brought me back to my Secondary 4 days.


Basically, Syahirah and I experienced a similar situation.

At one point of time in your life, you're bound to be so in love with someone. Well, lucky for me, someone from my secondary school was so in love with me. I would like to believe so... or maybe he was just pretty obsessed. But wait, before anything, I would like to say I have to applaud him for being really in love with a girl like me... because really, I am still waiting for the day someone really loves me and hopefully did not freak me out like this dude did. 


At 16, how would you react if someone wrote this for you?

This guy right here confessed to me when I was in Sec 4. Even though we barely talked, probably once... up till today, I don't understand how he could be so in love with me. I'm really the worst girl anyone can ever fall in love with, in my opinion.


He even made a poem out of my name.
He really deserves an award.
Well, he's quite a memory.


I remembered when he confessed me, everyone was mocking us. But really... up till today, I don't understand why people teased me for the fact that he really liked me. Even my "close" friends teased me. 

I would be lying if I said it didn't affect much. Because it did. When he walked pass my class, and though I felt pretty creeped out, I still don't understand why the boys in my class laughed at me and shouted my name. Like really, it's pretty childish. What's worst is, when my "close" friends did it as well. I mean, really? You guys knew I didn't like him. But it's also my fault for not telling them how much I hated whatever they were doing.


He even dreamt of me.
Which guy dreams of me now? Probably none.


He even noticed when I gained weight.

Everyone around me were always telling me that I looked fine. I didn't gain any weight, I looked "as usual". Well you guys probably notice it but just didn't have the heart to tell me about my weight gain. But this dude, damn I was trying to run away from him but he just noticed the changes on myself back then.


And when I received my O level results, he even noticed me.
I didn't realize I have a dimple on my right cheek until now.


Was it really that hard to get over a heartless person like me?


This was him trying really hard to get over me.
Even tried calling me a bitch but it didn't work.
Is this what they say... reverse psychology?



Up till today, I don't know how much that short encounter with him made him fell for me really hard. He did so many things, too many for me to list down... I'm just posting those that I saw on his facebook. Yes I kinda stalked him, and no it's not because I finally open up to him but because I feel both of us and all of the girls he ever loved didn't deserve all those mocks we got from others. So I hope through this post, if someone who ever mocked us reads this post, apologize to him and all the other girls who cried because of what you did.

And, this is from me to him.

Dear boy,

People find you creepy, and yes I have to admit you were creeping me out. But you. You showed me that people can be so in love with me. All the other boys teased you. But that's because they're being superficial. If it was the coolest kid in school or the most good-looking guy... they won't say a thing. But because you're not blessed like them, you were mocked. One thing you should be proud of is that you learnt to embrace your flaws unlike me. I hope one day a girl will learn to appreciate the way you show your love... through those poems and songs. Because I couldn't. 

Just a point to note. Don't be too pushy. By pushy, I mean... don't seek help from other people. Do it all by yourself. Because I know you can.

From, your dream dancer.

To those who found joy in mocking us and didn't feel guilty:
All he did was to fall in love. And falling in love is not wrong.
The true losers were all of you who were no different from bullies.